Saturday, November 22, 2003

Ah! It feels like forever since I have put anything in my journal! Life has been running at full speed and nothing less!

We had the BIG ULTRASOUND on Tuesday and it was wonderful. The perinatologist and his tech were so great. They looked at everything and talked about it as they went along. It was so very reassuring and thorough! The bottom line was that the baby seems to be perfectly fine. There were no markers for any genetic problems.....shoot they even looked for dwarfism!! The baby was moving all over the place, and the tech was laughing about how active it was!

I thought that finding out that all was well would be the highlight of my day....but there was even more. We are having a baby GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are in total shock after 3 boys, and didn't believe the tech at first! LOL! But, both she and the perinatologist said that it was definite, so it looks like we will have a beautiful daughter to join our 3 little boys!! Unreal!

The next day I went shopping with a friend and purchased my first pink baby outfit!! Totally fun and foreign to me! I got two little pink gowns for her!

On Friday I spent the day in the city shopping for layette stuff........girlie layette stuff, I might add. I got pink, purple and flowered onsies, socks, pants, and t-shirts. I think I am set for the first few months now!! Today my MIL brought the cutest little purple outfit and some hooded towels that have flowers on them!! No blue for this little girl!!! LOL!

My worries have eased up considerably since the US, but I still find myself slipping back into the old habit. Now my mind ache is about pre-term labor, even though I have never experienced it with my other 3 babies and have no reason for it to happen with this one. Still, I find myself thinking of it and anxious to get into the 3rd trimester. I need to let go of it and turn it over to God.

At the end of the US, the perinatologist, Dr. Rowe, spoke to me as he gently cleaned the jell from my belly "I know that you last son was born with club foot, and then you had 4 miscarriages, and you have lots of worries. I want to tell you that she is a beautiful, healthy baby girl." I started to cry and said, "I prayed for God's blessing on this baby, and when he blessed us, he really outdid himself!" and Dr. Rowe replied, "Isn't God wonderful? He is so good to us and loves us so much. We have an awesome God". Yes we do!

Her name is Amelia Grace. Amelia was the name of the toddler in my dream. Grace is the name of my mother's sister, who I loved very, very much. She passed away in May 2002. My mother is Italian, so I wanted to honor my Italian heritage. We will call her Mia as a nickname, which in Italian means "mine". So, fittingly, she is My Grace from God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home