Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Nobody shot me, things didn't calm down and I ended up in labor and delivery late yesterday evening. I was just feeling "off".......menstrual cramping and hard contractions that were sporadic. Lots of pelvic discomfort too. I called the clinic around 3:30, and Tim told me to go on into L&D so they could monitor the baby too. So, with all 3 kiddos, I loaded up and went on to the hospital. Bill met me there shortly after they checked me in.

They hooked me up to the monitors, and I was contracting about every 10 minutes. The nurse checked me, and I was 1cm, 10% effaced, and the baby was high at -3 or above. So, it seems the contractions are not making my cervix change much.

Dr. Tim came in and said if I go into labor at this point, he will let me, as I am 37 weeks by the end of today. I wanted to go home, so he said that would be fine. The contractions continued throughout the night, and I am still having a few today, but nothing regular. So, things could progress any day now.

I did end up nesting big time on Sunday, as the beach idea got squashed. I cleaned out all the bathroom cabinets and drawers, emptied the hall linen closet and re-folded everything, cleaned out all the medicine boxes and trashed all expired meds, emptied the front bedroom closet and moved all of oldest DS's clothes into the middle bedroom, cleaned middle bedroom closet to make room for DS's stuff, got DH to haul all the clothing containers down from the attic (about 7 huge containers) and organized all the kids out-grown clothes by size and had DH take them out to the garage to await pick-up by my brother (they are having a baby boy due a week after me)...........and by the time dinner rolled around, I was so tired I was in tears. No wonder I was in L& D the next day!

I guess we are at the "any day now" point. I am so ready.......just praying Miss Mia is ready too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home