Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Water, water, water. I am drinking so much these days, I slosh when I walk. I have been having bouts of Braxton Hicks contractions that are pretty intense.....some very worrisome. Water and rest seem to help after a few hours. I always have BH with my pregnancies, usually they start around 18 weeks, but never this much. Maybe the difference is having 3 kids and staying busy. Whatever it is, I am trying hard to minimize activity in my life to prevent them. I had a bout of them yesterday afternoon that had me in tears with worry. So, I halted everything and got horizontal from around 2pm-8:30pm. They eased up during the evening, and are gone this morning. Whew. I am anxious to see this little girl, but not THAT anxious!!! 28 weeks is way too early! For that reason, I will be making mandatory horizontal time in the afternoons for 3 hours or so. Hopefully that will do the trick. I know that if I had called the doctor yesterday, he would have sent me to L&D for a non-stress test, fluids, and probably some mag or brethine after they saw the ctx. I don't want to panic if these are just normal BH preparing my uterus for labor. I checked my cervix (remember, I am an L&D nurse), and it was so high and posterior, I couldn't even get to it, which is where we want it. I will go in if need be, but for now I think it is just time to start making "chill time" a priority!

Bill finished the dining room!! Or should I say, the den. The wood walls are sanded and glossed, trim is all painted, and the molding is all in place now!! We dismantled the never used dining room table, and converted the room into a wonderful family room. My mom got us a leather couch for Christmas/my birthday, and we moved the T.V. and book shelves in there. It is sooooo warm and cozy! It is exactly how I pictured it! We call it the cave and we LIVE in that room now. It is right off of the kitchen, so I can keep an eye on the kiddos while cooking. It also affords some privacy, as I can close all the French doors and have a place to go and "hide" from visitors etc. It will be a perfect postpartum/nursing retreat area!!! The old "den" is now the living room and computer center. It looks wonderful too, and we still use it frequently. The house feels so much larger now with more useful space!!! Will post some pictures on the babies website.

I am trying to slowly get all the baby stuff together. I seem to have most everything I need, except a bouncy seat. My MIL said she would pick one up for me. We still do not have a room for this baby, so she will be bunking with us for a while!! We always co-sleep, so this is not a problem for us. We have a bassinet that was originally made by my grandmother, then restored by my mother due to some aging damage. It is so beautiful.......all lace and satin. We use it for naps and such for the first 3-4 months, so no need to assemble the crib just yet.

I am officially 28 weeks now! I consider myself in the "10 week countdown", as I have had the last 2 kiddos at 38 weeks. But, every pregnancy is different, so we will see!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home