Sunday, September 21, 2003

Whew! This weekend was busy. Saturday was Quinn's birthday, so we celebrated with a fresh baked cake and hamburgers! He got a brand new shiny blue bike! He was so excited! Within just a few minutes, he was riding it like a pro! He also got a new helmet and a horn! A nice 3rd birthday for sure!

More cravings set in, so I made a big pot of tortilla soup for Saturday evening supper. One of the ingredients is an 11oz can of chipolte peppers in adobe sauce. That spiced it up! They are so hot, the fumes make you cough!! I made a separate pot of noodle soup for the kids, since the tortilla soup would have been like Drain-o to them. Mmmmmmm. It was very tasty and the best part is there are lots of leftovers!

Sunday was a quiet day. It rained all night, and continued all day on Sunday. We did laundry, read, and took a least until around 2p.m. when Bill grabbed a hammer and started removing tacks from one of our wood walls. I had been trying to get Quinn down for a nap, and when the hammering started, I gave up. Quinn went in the dining room with Bill and feel asleep on the floor amidst all the banging and slamming. Go figure.

Cory and Cody played most of the day with their new Bionicles, and watched Bionicle Mask of Light, the movie. You cannot walk 2 feet in this house without stepping on a Bionicle piece. They eat, sleep and dream about them. They waited 1 full year for the movie to come out, and since they got it on Friday, they have watched it no less than 5 times. I guess Bionicles are great for rainy days.

When Quinn woke up from his nap on the dining room carpet, he called out and I went to pick him up, only to find his underwear full of diarrhea. Blek!! So was the carpet. Thank goodness it was the weekend and Dad was home, because with the nausea, it was all I could do to not throw up. I put a towel over my face and cleaned the rug, while Dad gave him a bath and threw away the undies. Bill has really been great with this pregnancy. After witnessing my twice or more daily throw-ups, he has taken over the bulk of the household chores, not to mention hauling all the kids to soccer games, feeding them, bathing them, and getting them ready for school each morning. I didn't even have to ask, he just stepped in and took over. He truly is demonstrating the "in sickness and in health" part of the marriage ceremony. I really feel blessed with him as my partner.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home